Dr. rer. nat. habil.
Dirk Oliver Theis
- Diplom in mathematics, Heidelberg (8/2002)
- Dr. rer.nat., Heidelberg (12/2005, summa cum laude🔗)
- Habilitation to Priv.-Doz. in mathematics, Magdeburg (5/2012)
- Assoc. Prof. in Theoretical Computer Science🔗 at Uni Tartu, Estonia, EU, Earth (since 3/2013)
Who I am: Theoretical computer science, applicable mathematics.
What I do: Quantum computing.
Theoretical computer science and mathematics are about proving theorems, which is what I (try to) do most of the time. With my research, I aim to contribute to realizing quantum computing within this decade. To demonstrate the results that I obtain on paper, I like to write computer code in the open-source mathematical computation programming language Julia (“Julia is the new MATLAB”). Apart from pure theory, I’m fond of compiler engineering (classical and hybrid-quantum/classical).My recent papers:
- On SciRate
- My ArXiv tag
- My ORCID stub will, at some point in the future 🙄, offer a selection of my favorite recent papers & preprints.
TeachingCurrent PhD students
- Evgenii Dolzhkov: Quantum (and quantum inspired) algorithms for optimization
- Shahla Novruzova: Tbd
This has changed, I’m teaching less now 👉 Together with my team, I teach / am responsible for the following courses.
- MTAT.05.118 Quantum Algorithms
- 6 ECTS
- ➢ Basic quantum algorithms
- LTAT.00.015 Modern Quantum Algorithms
- 6 ECTS
- ➢ LCU, QSVT, etc.
- LTAT.00.015 Quantum Error Correction & Fault Tolerant Quantum Computing
- 6 ECTS
- ➢ Stabilizer codes, surface codes, fault tolerant QC
- LTAT.00.015 “QIP Light” Quantum Information Processing with Photons
- LTAT.04.004 Quantum Seminar
- 4×3 ECTS
➜ 10¹⁰⁰-mail: dotheis dot UTartu at ƍ📧 dot com
(I lose ~30% of the mails sent to my @ut.ee address.)